Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday

Got sleep.  Not sure why, but it improved last night.  I didn't wake up as thoroughly, and only once, and my shoulders weren't as distractingly sore.  I ran across a PaleoHacks entry about anti-inflammatories for shoulder issues that mentioned cucurmin, and recalled that we had some, so I took a couple (as well as a couple of Advil) before bed last night.  Don't know if they helped, but I slept.  All that said, when I woke up shortly before 5:00 (on my own), I felt great, temperature-wise, but about 15 minutes later had what I can only describe as a "cold flash" - I could feel my core temperature drop.  Very weird.  It wasn't as intense as yesterday's, but hard to ignore.  On the hot flash front, things seem to be getting shorter, a bit less frequent, and less intense.  I hope that continues to be the case.

The scale this morning read 147.2 on both attempts (my feet are not facilitating the electric currents just now, for some reason).  I think, even if it isn't doing the body comp stuff, it's capturing the weight - after I get 5 readings, it starts telling me if I'm headed up or down by comparison with the average of the last 5 readings.  I like this scale MUCH better than the last one.

Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs with cheese in
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese (4 pieces throughout the day at work)
  • walnuts
  • chocolate cherries
  • coconut bark
  • grassfed steak with butter
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • a glass of pinot noir
I think that's it.  It seemed like more at the time.  Chinese food tonight, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment