Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday

Survived the day yesterday, but it was painful.  Turns out that drinking two Red Bulls in two days to substitute for needed sleep was not all that effective.  I felt pretty much physically ill all day.  Bouillon helped a bit, so I had two of them.  Got home through nasty traffic that felt much like a personal insult - obviously, it wasn't, but I was tired enough to take it that way.  Got home, ate, read a bit, slept like the dead - good enough for more.

The scale was happier with me this morning - 149.2.  And going down, thank you very much.  We're all fooded out, more or less, and opting for simpler things for a while.  Here's yesterday in toto:
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • the usual supplements for Monday
  • bouillon (twice)
  • water (also helped with the general malaise)
  • more cheese
  • salad with ranch dressing
  • turkey breast (one of the cooked ones from the deli)
  • iced tea
  • walnuts
  • strawberry ice cream
And that was it.  It was plenty.  The Salade Nicoise is still in the future; we have pork chops for dinner tonight - after Elizabeth and I go for a walk, since Lee will be late.  Maybe some Southern-style green beans with them.

The munchies seem to have gone away, I'm happy to say.  That was weird; I had cravings for things I haven't eaten in years.  I'm assuming it was the phyto-estrogens from the soy in Estroven taking root.  If things stabilize, I would guess they won't recur.  But I will be watching for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment