Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday

To sleep; to dream.  If only.  Woke around 3 am and my brain got going on a proposed excursion this weekend to go look at a total solar eclipse (visible from the next state - what's a 7-hour drive home starting at 7 pm on a Sunday, if you get to see a total solar eclipse?  I'll tell you what - the inability to get up and go to work the next day for 2/3 of the family).  Anyway, my brain decided that my husband would have to be carefully protected from looking directly at the eclipse, in fear that he would burn his retinas and I would have to do the 7 hours worth of driving, since I'm one of the family members that needs to be at work the next day.  I arrived at the conclusion that the leather hole punch would make a suitable hole in cardboard for solar eclipse projection purposes - not too big, but not too small, either.  And, of course, I'll be consulting the internet to see what other safe methods exist.

So.  I lost about 45 minutes of sleep last night - could have been worse, I guess.  I'm a little tired. I will survive this.  Red Bull may be involved, but I will survive it.

148.4 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the new usual supplements (although I looked at the Estroven container and have discontinued the multi - too much overlap there, I think)
  • cheese
  • chicken fajitas with guac and sour cream and cheese - no tortillas
  • french fries (Chili's apparently sprinkles them with something very addictive)
  • chocolate cherries
That was it.  After the fries, I expected an uptick in weight, but it looks like the overall intake wasn't that high.  And yesterday was oddly stressful, due to an absolute flood of text messages throughout the workday - my entire extended family had phones and thumbs free, apparently.  I would say that it's the sort of thing that never happens, except that, obviously, it just did.  I'm not big on instant messages of any sort - they are a constant interruption, and, conducted at a remove, lack the normal human communications cues that keep chaos away - so a day of them serves to make me all twitchy.  Blechh. I am hopeful that today will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment