Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday

Nothing is working - the aftermath of that boot camp thing has left me near paralyzed, and very sore.  My thighs hurt - quads, adductors, and hamstrings - my core hurts pretty much from hipbone to ribcage all around, and above the ribcage on the interstitial muscles as well.  Ultimately, there is hardly a movement I can make that doesn't hurt, although typing isn't bugging me much.

147.4 this morning - I'm surprised it wasn't higher, because I feel very swollen.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs with ham and cheese
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements with extra fish oil
  • advil
  • tea with cream
  • hazel nuts
  • a few Godiva pearls
  • Pizza tops - Lee and Elizabeth bought a pizza and I ate the layer above the crust, two pieces worth.
  • Salad with dijon vinaigrette
  • almond shortbread cookies
  • chocolate almonds with sea salt
  • cheese
  • four chocolate cherries
The pizza tops weren't enough food - I was still hungry afterwards, and I don't know that anything else I was eating really helped.  However, I think the only thing that stopped me feeling hungry was falling asleep.  It did go away, eventually; at least, this morning, I knew nothing other than muscle pain. 

I really would love to know why the second day after exercise is so very much worse than the day after.  It didn't use to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment