Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday

Are we done with holidays for the month?  I believe so; next month has our trip to dear old New Orleans, and Presidents' Day.  Anyway, a not-too-bad weekend, I thought; lots of cooking.  I made bone broth (and it gelled and smells amazingly beefy), chile verde with pork, "oatmeal" raisin cookies.  Possibly some other stuff; I didn't spend much of Saturday sitting around.

So, 147.2 this morning, I believe.  After a day that included 3 cheese enchiladas, to boot - although, in their defense, that was my only organized meal all day.  Here's the rundown:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual (Monday) supplements
  • cheese enchiladas smothered with green chile (probably flour in the latter)
  • cheese
  • salami
  • about 3 of the cookies (almond flour, walnuts, raisins, maple syrup, butter, eggs)
  • dried strawberries
  • chocolate cherries
I think that was it.  We weren't hungry for dinner, so we just grabbed a quick graze - mine was cheese and salami. 

Elizabeth's sick at the moment - some sort of stomach thing.  We went to Cracker Barrel for Sunday dinner, and she gave me one of those looks and ordered chicken-fried steak and their hash brown casserole.  Her choice, and now that she's still sick two days later, I am tending to think it wasn't a wheat overdose, but yesterday, I did rather wonder.  Maybe, though, she'll associate such garbage with being sick for a while, and avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment