Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday

As I posted last night, we made a second trip to the gym after dinner.  And I felt it much of last night; I could sleep for an hour or so, then the mild achiness (it hasn't reached the level of actual pain yet) would wake me enough to roll over, and the rolling over would be enough more painful to wake me up fully.  So I'm a bit tired this morning.

Finally achieved true low-carb eating again yesterday; it's been harder than usual to go the full monty for some reason.  Here's the breakdown:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual (Monday) supplements
  • tea with cream
  • a medium sized sugar-free Red Bull (the convenience store had no black caffeinated teabags, and I was on break from another bloody four-hour meeting)
  • braised short ribs with tomato-wine sauce (the braising liquid)
  • mashed cheesy cauliflower
  • tea with cream
And that was it for the day.  I was able to ignore the pangs of boredom for once, and stayed away from the cheese, chocolate, and nuts.  I'm sure the hour or so of gym time also helped.

I'm going to try for a repeat, although the plan for dinner is meatballs, and I know they have potato starch in them, since I made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment