Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday

Well, now we know about boot camp.  And what we know is that life is too short to spend another 8 hours doing that.  Yecch!  Apparently, real humans pay something like $250 for a six-week session of calisthenics done in a circle on a gym floor, carefully calibrated to provide a "cardio" workout.  Um, no, thanks.  Not for me.  Glad we got the thing at a discount, so I can feel free to tell the instructor that I won't be returning.  Which I did, this morning.

I walked out of the one-hour session feeling nauseated, so dinner was a bit abbreviated, although we did eat lunch.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • naked burger with swiss cheese and bacon
  • cole slaw
  • iced tea
  • two almond shortbread cookies
  • naked cuban sandwich (about half) - pork tenderloin, ham, swiss, pickles, mustard - if I hadn't been trying not to throw up, I think it would have been really tasty
  • more tea with cream
  • a handful of chocolate cherries, for the sugar
I'm at 147.2 this morning, which I think is water - hardly would be muscle growth that quickly.  I'm fairly sore this morning, and pain woke me up at 4:21 am, but not terribly stiff.  I credit being functional to my two-advil-and-two-fish-oil approach to muscle pain; it seems to work fairly well, all things considered.  I took another two fish oil this morning - and another two advil, come to think of it.  I'm trying to lean heavy on the omega-3 side of the PUFA equation today, to keep inflammation down as much as possible.

Of course, this leaves me with no structured fitness program, going forward, to help me meet my goal of minor body-comp adjustments and strength improvements.  But you know what?  I'm fairly sure I can use Mark Sisson's e-book of primal fitness stuff to achieve that, with a lot less annoyance.  I will say that she had my muscles at complete exhaustion a couple of times last night, so now I know what working to failure should feel like.  Was that worth $34?  Probably not, but it was worth something. 

Weights, walking interspersed with sprints, pushups, squats, and abs.  I might even do some planks occasionally.  But then I won't get up and do jumping jacks just to make sure I get my heart rate up.  Urghh.

No comments:

Post a Comment