Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday

Weird weekend - I thought I ate well enough, but ended up with a net weight gain that is down from yesterday (phew!): 149.2 this morning, and I feel (and have felt, all weekend) bloated.  I was sitting around on Saturday feeling my stomach get larger, and I didn't like it one bit.  Not entirely sure what's going on.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements (now including dessicated liver)
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • potato chips (1 vending sized bag) with onion dip)
  • 3 fauxtmeal cookies
  • steak
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • a glass of riesling
I think that was it, as far as I can recall; I was working very hard to avoid eating chocolate, and had tried to avoid eating between breakfast and dinner, but boredom won out, unfortunately.

We went to the gym on Saturday and I got all my baselines worked out - including the 15-minute fast racewalk.  I did 14.5 laps on a track where 11.4 laps is a mile, which isn't bad.  I'm feeling it a bit this morning - some stiffness in my shin muscles, and various arm bits, from the weights.  As much as possible, I aimed for muscle exhaustion, and achieved it in a couple of places.  We had thought to go back yesterday, but we were all a bit stiff, so I think the plan is to go tonight.

Dinner tonight will be braised short ribs; I did the prep work last night and threw everything into the crock pot this morning - it smelled pretty amazing.  Very low carb.  Between now and then, my intent is to eat nothing unless I find myself prostrated by hunger - and that seems a bit unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment