Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with me right now - yesterday I woke up with a backache that made me feel like my entire body was about to sneeze - a certain vibrating sensation that normally shows up in my sinuses but was all-pervasive.  I still feel hints of that this morning, but it has concentrated itself nearer the nose.  I don't feel sick, exactly, just a bit off.  I guess it's a Paleo cold.  I have Airborne; will probably have one sometime today.  Supposedly, they don't do anything, but they've headed off a real cold for me more times than I'd care to recall.

In addition, my stomach's been a little off over the past few days as well.  This whole thing may be somehow related to the weird chain of gained weight I was seeing over the weekend and late last week.  I was 147.0 this morning, so down a tiny bit from yesterday.  Here's the eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual (Monday) supplements
  • hazel nuts - 2 handfuls
  • a roasted chicken breast - no skin
  • some salsa
  • a large handful of cashews
  • a tiny strawberry Haagen-Dasz (those little cups are oh-so-handy, and are frozen so solid that they take forever to eat.  The perfect cheat-y snack)
My sleep over the last few days has been rough.  I fall asleep easily enough, but I am not getting into the deep sleep - I dream myself into wakefulness several times over the night - generally not enough to need any effort to get back to sleep, but enough to know I'm awake.  Then, when I wake up in the morning, I don't feel at all rested.

It all could be stress, maybe.  I'm on the brink of a job change (decidedly for the better, but still...) and that might be bothering me at some subconscious level, although I don't feel consciously stressed.  It could be a lack of exercise - the whole go-to-the-gym thing hasn't really become a habit (okay, I went once last week and haven't been since).  Hard to say.

On the exercise front, I did do a bunch of sit-up-y things last night - crunches with one of those metal headrest jigs.  I did 50 regular crunches, 15 side crunches each side, and 25 lower ab exercises.  It hurt when I got up, so I think it might have done some good, but I don't feel any after-effects just now.

Vacation next week - starts Friday evening, actually.  New Orleans for Mardi Gras.  I will do my best to behave, but that town knows what to do with food.  That's one of the reasons I'd like to get some of these 6 pounds off before we go; it will be harder after.

No comments:

Post a Comment