Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wednesday

I brought an apple and cheese with me, to help keep me out of the candy at work - I hope! I brought some stuff from home for the team to eat, and they're slow at it. Cashew-coconut toffee has been my downfall. I think I hit it twice yesterday - and the plan yesterday was to fast. Not so much.

160.4 this morning. I need to get myself under control now. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • cashew-coconut toffee (two small handfuls)
  • almonds
  • Fet-zucchini alfredo (just what it sounds like)
  • potato chips
  • about 3 chocolates
Once I got home, it wasn't so bad - I spent much of the evening making limoncello (at least, I hope that's what it will turn out to be. Zested 12 lemons and added vodka - that sits for a month, then I add some simple syrup and let it sit some more. In order not to waste the lemons, I think I'm making lemon curd thumbprint cookies tonight - I juiced them all after zesting.

I'll be working on more lemon-centric cookery; that didn't even dent the tree, I think. Although it was dark when I was out picking them...

Hit the Benadryl last night - which helped. The dogs were fussy around midnight, apparently, and the only thing I noticed was that I had to shift Charlie around so I had enough covers. Around 2, we had a golly-whomping thunderstorm, but that only sort of woke me. I feel much more rested than last night. Tonight will be Lee's turn if he wants it, since he dealt with the dogs' issues.

I've ordered a couple of books on fixing some of our aches and pains - highly rated and by a physical therapist, and I will try them. Also a TENS unit, which I'd never heard of before, but which is supposed to help with pain. Worth a shot, especially at $26.

No comments:

Post a Comment