Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thursday

Oh, jeez. I was really hoping to sleep well last night, and I guess I did. Until about 2:30 am. Woke then, couldn't get back to sleep until around 4. Slept from then until 5:45. Up, feed the dogs, grab some tea and cheese, head to work. 

Completely strung out with stress right now. Upcoming travel, new dog sitter, handling all of it alone right now because only I am able to get on a plane and Lee left yesterday. The dogs, thank goodness, were really good last night and this morning - they all went nicely to their kennels, despite being kenneled all day yesterday. I can't leave them out by themselves; Anneke and Roscoe would be fine, but Charlie is still eating things he shouldn't. Last night it was a wooden Christmas ornament  off the tree. In any event, I'm not beaten up with guilt about kenneling them; that's Lee's thing. And if he utters a word of complaint about my doing it, I'll bite him.

I won't go into details of the other causes of stress right now; suffice it to say that there are some. New ones from late yesterday - and they're what had me up this morning.

158.2 today; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patties
  • almonds
  • about 3 pieces of some "cashew crunch" candy - no flour, but definitely not Paleo
  • 2 pieces of cheddar cheese
  • a small quantity of potato chips
  • a few chocolate covered raisins
  • some tortilla chips (about 4)
  • a Lindt truffle - milk chocolate, I think
From the cheddar down was what passed for dinner. I got home, got the dogs fed, and spent the evening tidying the house and wrapping presents. Nowhere near done - I may do some tonight, although tonight will be all about getting things ready for the pet sitter. 

Actually, I probably have to do some tonight - all of it that I can get done, as a matter of fact. We have to be able to ship things early next week - oh, and guess what? Early next week means me doing it. Somehow. I have no effing idea how we're going to get this accomplished. Guess the stress isn't likely to let up soon. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment