Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday

I took an apple and cheese to work yesterday to have when I got hungry instead of candy and instead of almonds. And it mostly worked. I still had almonds - for some reason, I'm getting super hungry mid-day right now - but was able to ignore the candy. So I did it again today.

After work, I had no chocolate. I would regard that as a triumph, except that I had cookies instead. Really good cookies - shortbread thumbprints with lemon curd. I made all of it. Lemon curd turns out to be super easy to make, and I had/have a LOT of lemon juice in the house just now, after making the limoncello on Tuesday. I will probably freeze both the rest of the juice and the lemon curd, which is apparently possible. 

159.8 this morning. So the candy was worse than the cookies, I guess. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patties
  • an apple
  • 2 pieces of cheddar
  • almonds (no idea how many)
  • 2 burger patties with green salsa
  • a salad with vinaigrette
  • about 6 cookies and some lemon curd eaten from spoons
  • 3 slices of Swiss cheese
The limoncello is starting to turn yellow already, and I read up on it some more yesterday, so I know what to watch for to tell if it's done steeping. Also how much simple syrup to add to make sure it's not super-alcoholic. Kind of fun making new things from the plants in our yard. And I have more lemons on the tree, and oranges starting to turn orange, so we'll have those all spring, I guess.

I brought 2 more of the cookies with me for "lunch" today. The only change I'd make is to cook them a bit longer - they didn't really crisp up, and are super fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment