Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tuesday

So yesterday I sat here and said that I was going to be good about eating for the rest of the month - and wasn't. We ended up eating out for dinner at a sort of comfort-food place, and the waiter brought us fried green tomatoes and fried okra as a substitute for bread. Since they're breaded, not a very good substitute. I'd never had one, and tried them. They're tasty. So I had more.

My thumb joints hurt this morning for the first time in years. I think perhaps that a combo of flour (in the tomatoes as well as in some soup) and nasty frying oil is at fault. 

160.4 this morning, so a half-pound up overnight. From that mess, I imagine, and a very salty "chopped steak". Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patties
  • almonds
  • fried green tomatoes and fried okra (breaded) with ranch dip
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • tomato basil cream soup (almost certainly with a roux)
  • chopped steak with onions and peppers (gravy on the side)
  • 2-3 Hershey's Nuggets
  • a handful of cashews
I think that was it. Obviously snacking was high at night, and dinner was far from Paleo.

Here's the thing. I've gained nearly 20 pounds from my low point, which was a weight I rather liked (from an appearance standpoint as well as everything else). I'm up 15 from where I'd be super happy, and up 10 from where I'd find it acceptable. Enough already. I was able to lose 50 pounds originally; why can I not lose 10-20 now? I could blame hormones/menopause, but I think that's all stabilized enough that I should at least be dealing with the world as it is - I shouldn't be having things shift out from under me all the time. 

Right. So, starting over. Meat and leaves. Stop eating the following altogether:
  • breaded and fried anything.
  • Fried anything (i.e., french fries, potato chips, etc)
  • sugar (candy, chocolates, maple syrup, honey, etc)
  • legumes (refried beans, charro beans, black beans, peanuts) except green peas and green beans
  • starch (potatoes, whatever else falls in that category)
I wonder if the old Archevore 12 steps are still out there? I should go review them again. Because that's what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment