Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tuesday

I think yesterday went pretty well. I managed to stay within the fat fast guidelines until after dinner, when I had to have 2 pieces of cheese to allay actual hunger - and I know that with this way of eating, it's okay to eat when actually hungry. But other than that, I did not snack. 156.8 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • egg, ham, and cheese cup thingie (from the fat fast cookbook)
  • total of 1/2 cup butter-roasted pecans
  • a serving of broccoli cheese soup
  • 2 pieces of cheese
  • a cup of chicken bouillon with gelatin
The chicken bouillon is an effort to increase my salt intake, because I read recently that salt may be helpful in reducing my cold sensitivity. I would love that, especially since our office at work is very cold, and since I've been somewhat freezing for the past year or so (in between hot flashes - no middle ground!). We shall see how that works.

Today's eating should look a lot like the list above. Although, if Lee opts for a steak for dinner, I'll make mushrooms with boursin cheese for my dinner, and split them with him. 

I sort of figured that my being in the 157-ish area was an aftereffect of my being ill on Saturday, and that it wouldn't stick around. If this fat fast makes it stick, I'll be quite happy. If it can get me lower than that, and into decent levels of nutritional ketosis through the end of January, I'll be even happier, even if I need to be super careful about drinking during Mardi Gras. I know my lack of estrogen is likely to make it harder to free up the stored fat, but post-menopausal women do lose weight without having life-threatening diseases, so it must be possible. Right?

Got in a marginally okay number of steps yesterday - what I did find is that the little chirp the new wearable makes when I sit for too long is making me get up and at least go to the restroom, to get rid of the red bar. I think that is a good thing. And last night, it had me walking up and down stairs a bunch (trailed by Charlie), which amused Lee no end. Also gave my thighs a good workout - they're a bit sore this morning.

Did my shoulder and back exercises again last night. I'm sore there as well, which means they're doing something. Stretching tonight only. I do hope this stuff works, because my shoulders have been obnoxious for about 4 years now, and I'm sick of it.

Three-day weekend coming up. If the weather is good, we'll try that whole walking thing again. No progress on the treadmill yet - that may be a post-Mardi Gras thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment