Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wednesday

The almonds I have at work are salted. I don't know how that will play out, generally. They're quite tasty, and have only almonds and salt in them, but I don't normally eat a lot of salt, and I'm a bit worried about water retention.

That said, I ate quite a few of them yesterday and wasn't much swollen last night or this morning. 160.0 today. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • a slice of pumpkin pie (GF crust)
  • almonds - raw and salted roasted ones
  • vegetable beef soup (with carrots, peas, beans, and parsnips)
  • a container of cashews - probably 2 handfuls
  • 2-3 Hersheys Nuggets (wretched things)
I think that was it. It might have been a good idea to have a salad with the soup, rather than just the soup alone. Good soup, though, for throwing a bunch of stuff in the crock pot and hoping for the best. We had the parsnips left over from a dinner Elizabeth made us while she was here, and they seemed like a good soup vegetable, so I added them. No idea what they taste like, but good texture.

Sleep involved Charlie on the bed. I know I woke at 11:35 and was up past midnight, but not all the way to 1 am. Woke again after 5, so possibly a better night's sleep than normal? Hard to say. Three nights ago, Anneke was whining and we let them all out; two nights ago, we left her and Roscoe free to roam but closed Charlie's kennel, and that worked, but last night he was wise to us. Tonight, everybody's confined again, I think. I am a bit groggy.

"Dinner" tonight at a company cocktail party - no idea if there will be anything there not swaddled in puff pastry. I hope so. Puff pastry is not food. I think I'll be eating a lot of salted almonds today, just in case they have to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment