Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday (after vacation)

All things considered, I think we did pretty well on vacation.  4 days in New Orleans followed by a 7-day cruise, and I'm at 150.2 this morning, possibly on the way down from a high of 153.4 (suspect, though, since I weighed myself on the ship and don't know if the scale is similar or not).  The dress fit fine and so did my jeans after they came back from the shipboard laundry - phew!  We only ate partly well in New Orleans - it's hard to eat there without consuming flour (roux), and the food is across-the-board awesome.  On the ship, it's possible to spend 7 days eating, with breaks for drinking, but I think we did well.  We ate a lot of fruit, which is a bit of a change - I don't really think I ate a whole pineapple, but it sure seemed like it at times - we got a section, sliced up, along with 3 kinds of melon, also sliced, every afternoon, and since I don't eat melon, I ate all the pineapple many of those days.  

We also walked a lot - hard to avoid in the Quarter, truly, because bringing a car in there is seriously insane.  On the ship, we did at least a mile on 3 or 4 days, and our last shore day, probably walked more than 4 miles alone, shopping in Cozumel.  Also lots of stairs - we did pretty well avoiding elevators for all trips of 4 or fewer decks.  My knees need work, though - they're just not strong anymore.  I think a leg press machine is in my future.  Use of one, that is, not purchase.

Yesterday's eating is trackable, since there wasn't much of it, so here it is:
  • the usual supplements
  • berries with a tablespoon of whipped cream (sweetened)
  • tea with half-and-half (several of those)
  • 3-egg omelet with ham, cheese, tomatoes
  • possibly a little bacon
  • turtle soup with sherry (definitely roux-based, but nearly the best thing to eat there is)
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • cheese
  • walnuts
  • chocolate cherries
The last three were eaten after arriving home, as I was too tired to shop or cook, and was pretty darn hungry.

So, today?  Back to the usual patterns to start with, but I think I'm going to re-read the Perfect Health Diet, cover to cover, and make some of their recommended changes beyond the supplements.  Though I must admit I'm rethinking the iodine supplementation - read something somewhere that hinted it might be behind some real sleeping issues I've been having lately.  I probably do have more energy during the day from it, but I think I'd rather have the quality sleep.  Still considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment