Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday

We ate pizza last night.  Real pizza, crust and all.  It was quite good, but honestly, so is Meatza and pizza-top and any number of other pizza-like things I've created over the past 3 years.  Nonetheless, kinda nice to know that if the world gets grim, I can give Dominos $30 and eat something that isn't hopelessly bad for us.  And interestingly enough, it was very satiating - I had some chocolate after, but didn't need to keep chewing all night, so only that.  150.6 this morning, so about 2 pounds of water gone to boot.  A good day.  But I doubt I hit the PHD nutrient proportions at all - and I don't think I'm going to calculate them.  Here's the whole day:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (by the way, I'm stopping the iodine for a while; I've heard it's bad for sleep and my sleep is utter shite right now)
  • strawberries with a little cream
  • chili leftovers
  • more strawberries
  • gluten-free crust Dominos pepperoni pizza
  • 1/3 of a 70% cacao chocolate bar
And that was it.  

As a part of making a few incremental changes over the next weeks, with an eye toward leaning out a bit and getting the nutrition in order, I've parked my car as far from the building as I can while leaving it in our parking lot - at least, I think it's the farthest point.  Seems like the reduction in walking involved with this job has been a bigger impact than I would have thought - I was getting maybe 1/2 mile per day before, so I guess it could.  So I'm trying to get it ramped up a bit - add a little walking on weekends, as well, which should help with leg stamina.  And I might go to the gym and use the leg press this weekend.  Or something.

In addition to re-reading PHD, I bought the Kindle version of the Primal Blueprint, and will be reading it as well.  A little refresh of principles, throughout.

Beef stock this weekend - cooked to gelatine.  And a pot roast with the intent of braising it with cabbage for one dinner.  And maybe a roast chicken.  Cooking is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment