Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday

I'm not sure whether the scale was off all weekend, or if yesterday's eating did it.  150.8 this morning after two mornings at 149.0.  We introduced rice - and possibly got along too well.  We shall see.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • ham
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements (oops)
  • cheese
  • walnuts
  • a very few potato chips
  • chocolate almonds - about 4
  • roast chicken
  • rice cooked with chicken broth and mirepoix, with a few peas thrown in
  • candy almonds (the ones from a couple of Christmases ago, that look like olives) - about 6 of them
Not a great day, actually.  Spent the weekend cooking; made some intense beef stock along with the chicken, and had stuffed peppers for dinner Saturday.  Pot roast is going in the crockpot as we speak - we'll be having it with braised cabbage for dinner.  

I did re-read PHD over the weekend.  I'm thinking I need to pay attention to the cravings and figure out what they're saying about nutrient deficiencies.  Salt seems to be one thing I crave, certainly - crunchy salty things.  Chocolate sometimes, but that seems to be slowing down - possibly the copper supplements are helping?  Maybe the salt craving speaks to iodine after all?  Dunno.  I should try eating the pickles when I'm in that mood - instead of the walnuts, certainly.

Interesting week ahead - fasting for Ash Wednesday, except that I have a lunch thing with a staffing supplier scheduled.  So I will be fasting breakfast and dinner, and eating a salad for lunch.  Best I can do under the circumstances, I think.

At least I got some sleep last night - Saturday night was utter crap.  So, something.

No comments:

Post a Comment