Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday

Not exactly sure what possessed me last night (and it was a possession!).  Got home to find that the dog or dogs had been sick, so after feeding them, got the fun of cleaning up the screen porch, where they spend their leisurely days well away from paper products (they are not as paleo as we would like, and have a real appetite for literature).  Once that was done, I went on what can only be described as a bender.
 
M&Ms.  Salt-water taffy.  Chips and Salsa.
 
I was devouring carbs at a rate I cannot recall doing for years.  And then I was able to stop, thank goodness.  Didn't bother with dinner at that point; I felt both bloated and buzzy.  So I did a bunch of stuff around the house, very quickly, and finally was able to settle down for the evening, with a bit of tea and cream.  It was just weird.  I can only blame hormones - and heaven knows I'm in thrall to them just now.
 
Having done such a thing, the last anticipation I had was for leg cramps, so, of course, that's how I spent 8:30-11:00 pm.  Shin, outer ankle, and calf, simultaneously.  Each leg in turn, both at once, and a few final shots over the bow as I finally managed to get to sleep.  Very painful, too.  I took 5 potassium on the way to bed, and a magnesium, and I guess they eventually kicked in, but they took their own time about it, I must say.  Slept until 4:00 when I woke up from a dream to find that, given any sort of encouragement, my right shin was ready to play again.  I didn't encourage it.  And at 5:00, the dog wanted out.  Given yesterday's mess, she got what she wanted.
 
Nasty night.
 
149.4 this morning, though.  Here's the full scoop for yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese (total of 4 pieces for the day, I think)
  • beef jerky
  • two squares of Lindt 85%
  • M&Ms (the end of one of the bags I had brought to work and then took home - probably about 1/5 of a normal sized bag)
  • 3 pieces of salt-water taffy
  • chips and salsa - chips enough to eat a standard individual serving-sized ramekin of salsa
  • tea with cream
Ugh.  I hope we're done with that.  It wasn't fun.  I was in a bit of a rage at the time, as well, although that may have had to do with the dog mess.
 
Another company party thingie today - at Dave & Busters for the afternoon, with fingerfood available.  Supposedly some of it is assorted cheese.  Think I'll have a bit of salami before I take off.  Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment