Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday

Mark Sisson would be half-proud of me.  I walked yesterday.  And walked, and walked, and walked - about 4 hours' worth, give or take, at a nice slow pace.  Outside, much of it.  In nature, part of the time.  It was great.  I have a bit of color on my arms and face, and feel pleasantly stiff.  And I slept like a rock.
 
148.2 this morning, which is okay.  I was 147.0 yesterday, 148.2 the morning before.  Water, anyone?
 
Here's yesterday's eats:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, more or less (plus turmeric)
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • sausage
  • ham
  • a few shreds of hash browns
  • cobb salad with avocado, bacon, and blue cheese dressing
  • glass of wine
  • strawberry ice cream (from a vendor, not the little Haagen-Dasz cup, maybe about 2 of it)
  • smashburger (naked with peppers and cheese and queso)
  • a few fries
I think that was it.  Not too bad apart from the occasional potato and the ice cream.
 
But about that walking - we went to Vail for the day; Lee played golf, and I walked around the village and window-shopped, looked at the Alpine botanical gardens and wandered the farmer's market.  It was nice - relaxing and energizing for me - I didn't have to talk to anyone if I didn't want to, which after Saturday (stressful cat-wrangling and car repairs and my mother for 3 hours straight) was a very good thing.  We need to do things like that more often - just go somewhere that provides an opportunity to walk around outside for several hours, and take the opportunity.  San Diego trip is about 3 weeks off; maybe we can do some of it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment