Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday

I don't think we ate all that well yesterday - I slept like a well-built pile of rocks, though, and dreamt a bunch, but woke up stiff, swollen, and achy.  143.6 today, so something took weight off.  Here's the list:
  • Fat bomb smoothie (the real blender is a big improvement, although it leaves whole strawberries in the mix)
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, with double fish-oil
  • walnuts
  • cheese (baby-bel gouda snack)
  • Olive Garden salad without croutons (seed oils in this, possibly)
  • Olive Garden mixed grill - and I ate some, but not all, of the fried potatoes
  • Glass of sweet sparkling red wine - a very odd combination
  • chocolate mint
  • chocolate almonds
I had hoped that the fat bomb smoothies would help Lee with his stall - they are changing his weight, he says, but for the worse.  I do not know what's going on with him; no matter what we eat at home, his best is a sort of stasis around 200 pounds.  And that is not his best weight - he still has a fair quantity of visceral fat.  He was at the docs yesterday, briefly - and found that his BP and heart rate were both very good - and that's definitely something.  But my way of eating does not seem to be his way of eating, and for the life of me, I do not know what his way might be.

The Whole30 is looking more and more inevitable.

The Fives continue to work well - I can feel some changes in the mechanics of my feet and ankles as I walk - and they're starting to persist into times when I don't have them on.  By Labor Day, I ought to be in fine fettle for a 5K with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment