Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So, are Brazilian Steakhouses Paleo?

A good question - a very good question.  Based on how my stomach feels this morning, after dinner at one last night, I'd lean toward "not so much".  But it was good - wandering waiters with skewers of meat, various vegetables on a salad bar, strawberry soup.  And broiled pineapple, which is incredibly tasty.  Probably not very good for us, but we had it twice.  The nice thing about it was that I didn't have to go through a SAD menu and extract the elements of an item that I could eat and ask for custom preparation.

I cannot catalog yesterday's dinner.  The rest of the day was:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • turkey sausage
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (plus our weekly dose of Vitamin K2)
  • a cheese snack
Dinner was incredibly filling - we had it before going to a baseball game at which I consumed absolutely nothing.  Got home from that and had a few Tums - partly for mild indigestion (another clue that it wasn't Paleo) and partly to try to dull down the intense garlic taste lingering in my mouth - one of the skewers of meat was encrusted in a garlic/salt/parsley paste - smelled and tasted amazing, but it had staying power.

146.0 this morning.  Elizabeth leaves for school this afternoon, so our week of violent entertaining is at an end, and we can go back to eating meat-and-leaves for a while, get things calmed down again.

For what it's worth, I got very solid sleep last night - from about 10:15 to 5:30, I knew absolutely nothing.  May not have even moved.

Got a dentist appointment this afternoon - I'll be interested to see if the tartar buildup is less than usual - that's been a reported side-effect of eating this way.  It feels like less.

No comments:

Post a Comment