Monday, August 1, 2011

Ugh

I believe we have eaten out at every organized meal this weekend, and I can feel the effects.  Aches, pains, a boatload of unwanted poundage.  This morning my thumbs are both sore, as are both shoulders and part of my lower back.  One more meal out, and we can return to our cave - indefinitely, as far as I'm concerned.  And I will go the distance tonight to try to find something edible that won't lay me out.

Mexican food last night was the issue - chips and salsa, a margarita, cheese enchiladas with flour-based roux green chile.  Very tasty, until the indigestion hit, about mid-meal.  Got home and pounded several Tums, which helped.  But I didn't sleep too well, what with both shoulders a bit stiff.  And it was very sticky in the house - this has been a humid summer, for Denver, and the swamp cooler is mostly just adding water to the atmosphere - things are a bit cooler, but the dining room floor is adhesive, as are most solid surfaces in the house.  Nasty.

No idea what I ate this weekend, other than that a lot of it was crap.  Avoided popcorn at the movie (Cowboys and Aliens - really fun!), but ate a lot of chocolate-covered fruit instead - really not a good swap.  Chips and salsa a couple of times, including once at home.  Refried beans on Saturday - and I ordered something I thought would be okay that time. 145.2 this morning - I'm sure some of it is water - and some of it isn't.  Bad me. 

Tonight we're headed to the baseball game.  Dinner elsewhere first - and I am going for a naked meat and leaves option if I can find one.  And I have a cheese snack with me to keep me out of the machines, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment