Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday

Things are settling back to normal.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • teriyaki beef jerky - with soy sauce and sugar
  • Kerrygold pub cheese - quite a few pieces (this was "dinner")
  • chocolate cherries and blueberries (total of 5)
143.0 this morning; looks like much of the weight I put on while Elizabeth was here was pretty transient.  Dinner last night was sketchy because I got home at 7:00 after my MAT session, and by then, I wasn't really hungry.  Big improvement in my shoulder so far - the way MAT works, though, it will degrade a bit over the next few days and I'll have to repeat treatments until my muscles start behaving without the reminders.  Not a particularly pleasant experience, but it does work.

I heard this morning on the radio that the owners of Lipitor are working to create a non-prescription version, since their patent is about to expire.  Ugh.  I cannot describe how bad that is.  We should NOT be medicating away our cholesterol, dammit!  And I can't help thinking that the kidney/liver side-effects are not free-for-all since a non-prescription version won't come with the doc's advice to test blood chemistry.  Disaster in the making, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment