Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday

Wow, did I do bad things over the weekend.  By mid-afternoon yesterday, I could feel the arches of my feet touching my shoes, which were very flat.  We went for a walk at the gym before dinner, and after doing a mile, I was so tired (sleepy!) I had to sit down and rest.  I ached head-to-toe by the time dinner was over.  I swear, I will avoid wheat better in the future - in any event, not go eating it two or more times in a short period.

Ate better yesterday, and I am starting to feel a bit better, although the soreness and stiffness from weeding has caught me up.  146.4 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage (probably full of badness)
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • gruyere
  • beef marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, and spices
  • vegetables sauteed with garlic-infused olive oil
  • chocolate almonds
I think that was it; I ended up taking a bath with epsom salts to try to knock out the achiness, and it seems to have helped.

We tried using coconut milk in our tea/coffee this morning, with an eye toward doing the Whole30.  I think it will work - Lee was a bit more lukewarm.  I prefer the taste of heavy cream, but it wasn't that far off, really.

Pork roast with green chile pan reduction sauce tonight - trying to see if I can come up with a taste similar to La Loma green chile without the flour.  It seems possible, but we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment