Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday

Fasting yesterday lasted until about 1 pm, give or take, when I decided that my stomach's growling might disturb others at a meeting.  I had a bag of turkey jerky, with soy sauce and sugar in the marinade, and then nothing else until dinner.  Here's the summary:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • turkey jerky
  • salad with ham and cheese
  • homemade blue cheese dressing
  • baked chicken (deli-made; I cannot roast a chicken to save my life)
  • iced tea
  • chocolate almonds and cherries
  • walnuts
143.2 this morning as a result.
Sleep was a bit disrupted again last night - the dog needed to go outside around 12:30 am, but fortunately, that was her only need.  I had what I hope is my final MAT treatment on my shoulder yesterday, so I was a bit sore and it took a while to get back to sleep, but once there, I stayed asleep until just before the alarm went off.

My sister has convinced me to do a 5K fundraiser for my niece's high school gymnastics team.  I'm debating as to the shoes - very tempting to grab the moccasins and go, or to buy some minimalist shoes for the occasion; I really don't want to use my CW walking shoes.  One day last week, we were at the mall and I'd worn Crocs again, and my knee got so out of position that once outside, I took them off and walked barefoot to the car, and it felt much better.  I think I'm hooked.  Maybe that will be one of my excursions this weekend - investigating minimalist athletic shoe options.

No comments:

Post a Comment