Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday

Well, I caved.  I bought the "funny-looking shoes", as the cashier at REI put it.  Vibrams - the Sprints, to be exact.  Wore them about 5 hours yesterday, including the drive home from REI.  I'm hooked - they're much nicer for walking on uneven surfaces than the moccasins are, while still letting me feel the unevenness.  Much more flexible in the soles than the Merrells were, and they seem to position my feet differently - on the outer soles, as I believe they are supposed to go.  So I will be doing the 5K on Labor Day in my new Fives, probably the only grandmother at the event to be wearing such things.  I like that.

Eating yesterday started with cleaning up the kitchen - I made a version of a smoothie from the Free the Animal blog, without the egg yolks, and with unflavored whey protein and a splash of vanilla.  At least, I started to make it - got a strawberry hung up in the blade of the immersion blender and lost my grip on the glass, and the physics did the rest.  20 minutes worth of wiping things off and rinsing them in the sink and swearing.  About half of it was left, so I added one more strawberry and that was breakfast.  They're pretty good, and I'm hoping the coconut milk will help Lee break his stall-from-hell (so we had them for breakfast today, without the drama).  We're also discussing doing a Whole30 in September - after we get back from a weekend in Santa Fe.

So, yesterday's eating
  • most of that fat-bomb smoothie
  • cheese chunks - gruyere, for the most part
  • walnuts
  • a very few chocolate blueberries
  • couple of chocolate almonds
  • a square of Lindt's 85% chocolate
  • Red Lobster skewered garlic grilled shrimp
  • Ditto's scampi
  • broccoli with the butter sauce from the scampi
  • salad with blue cheese
  • glass of Riesling
I think that's everything.  144.0 this morning, and feeling swollen and achy all over, so I imagine some of that number is misplaced water.  Going to the gym tonight to break in my feet for a 3-mile walk in 3 weeks - before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment