Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Better!

Yesterday's eating was an improvement in multiple ways over our weekend.
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • tea with cream
  • grilled sirloin patty
  • green chile from Trader Joes (chilis and tomatillos and not much else)
  • salad with ham and salami and blue cheese dressing (my version, with homemade mayo)
  • iced tea
  • chocolate cherries (probably close to 10 of them, all told)
I had a dentist appointment yesterday as well - I can't say for sure that I had less tartar, but it did seem like she didn't have to cause as much pain in order to remove it, and the sensitivity level of my lower front teeth had reduced, I think.  I'll thank Vitamin K for the latter.  No cavities - but I haven't had cavities for quite a long time.  No gum disease - ditto.  So I guess all is well on that front.

I'm going in for MAT (muscle activation technique) therapy on my right shoulder today.  I've had it before to get my legs loosened up - several months' worth of being prodded with the T-shaped stick to target very specific places on various muscles, to remind them that they're still alive.  It causes incredible bruising, but does seem to work, and my right shoulder has been sub-par for over a year now, with massage never quite able to get it to release.  Massage helps, but does not cure.  I'm hoping that this will release whatever is locked up in there, and give me full mobility with that arm.  And once I get that, I'm going to the gym again.  Seriously.  But for fun stuff as much as possible - and with the intent of gaining strength.

Oh, and some of the weight yesterday was water, definitely.  144.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment