Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday

Semi-epic fail.  We had every intention of going to the gym last night to work out and (for me, at least) break in the new shoes.  Got dressed, found our IDs, grabbed the iPods and earphones, drove down there.  And the parking lot was strangely empty.  Sign on the door - they're closed for "seasonal maintenance" until Friday.

Bugger.

We ended up going home to eat, and then went out so I could buy new gymshorts (I wanted pockets, but couldn't find any), and we could get a blender, to make the smoothies less of a mess-in-waiting.  Here's the day's eating:
  • fat bomb smoothie, no eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, plus K2
  • walnuts
  • brats
  • mustard
  • cheese
  • salad with ham and blue cheese dressing
  • a hard cider
  • chocolate cherries
For what it's worth, the smoothie and bacon held up as well as eggs and bacon do - I wasn't really hungry until about 2 pm.  And didn't feel compelled to snack in the evening, either - although that may have had more to do with my sewing project than with what I'd eaten earlier.  144.2 this morning - I know my feet were very swollen yesterday (Sunday, I'd contemplated cutting off some of the straps' length on the shoes; last night I didn't need to), so I'm guessing it's still water.  Took an extra fish-oil this morning to see if that will help.

The shoes are working out well - I'm having a few mild aches and pains in my feet, ankles, and lower legs that I attribute to the position my feet are in when I'm walking in them.  That's definitely all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment