Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday

Since this is the one place I routinely write things, I will say this about the Osama bin Laden news: he wasn't the kingpin; he was the money.  His death is a symbolic thing - and an important one - but will have little to no impact on the history of the world.  But Yeah, Navy Seals!!  Okay, done.

My stomach is seriously messed up at the moment.  Lee was in Phoenix last week, and I flew down Friday night so as to help him drive back, which we did on Saturday (kind of a long day, that).  My flight was late, so we ended up having dinner at the English pub near Elizabeth's place, around 10 pm, my stomach's time.  Cottage pie - ground beef, veggies, gravy, mashed potatoes.  Probably had flour in the gravy, but otherwise, not too bad.  Breakfast at US Egg - a place that does low-carb very well.  I had the angus burger and eggs, which lasted me right until we got to Gallup, which was around 2 in the afternoon, I think.  Lunch there at McDonald's - the naked double quarter pounder with cheese, and fries (we split a medium, which is really quite large).  Their fries have flour on them - I don't know if that was the root cause of my issues or not - but I had indigestion most of the rest of the day, as well as yesterday, and still don't feel that great today.

I'm up to 145 this morning - not too surprised about it.  At one point on Saturday, my feet were swollen enough to make my toes feel like the fingers of an inflated surgical glove, and I had to pull my jeans legs down a couple of times to keep them from constricting the creases where my hips bend.  Kinda sore and achy, as well.  It will pass, but I figure there are a couple of nasty days ahead until things sort themselves out.  We had pork roast - this recipe from Everyday Paleo put on a whole tenderloin instead of the skewers - for dinner, with a salad, followed by leftover Easter desserts.  It was pretty good, and Lee says he lost 3 pounds yesterday, all water from the trip.

I think I'll have something kinda bland for dinner tonight - and avoid hitting the machines this afternoon, too.  I need to eat a bit cleaner for a while, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment