Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday

Yup.  Definitely hormonal.  I can see that this is going to be an interesting time of life.

Down to 145.0 this morning, all of it water.  I was able to restrain my eating better last night as well, though.  After breakfast of turkey bacon and eggs, I abstained from food until dinner time, possibly thanks to a couple of well-timed afternoon meetings.  Dinner was chef's salads with our homemade blue cheese dressing - we finished it off so it wouldn't spoil.  I will so make that again, though; it was really perfect.  A few chocolate almonds, a bowl of strawberries with heavy cream, and maybe a piece of cheese finished the night.

One of our neighbors invited us for a long-term storage food party tomorrow night.  It's kind of intriguing, but I don't think I'll go - the picture on the invitation featured biscuits and other carbs rather prominently - and for sure, they do store well; I'm sure that's why early Man started agriculture.  And in a shortage situation, you bet I'd eat grains.  But everything I've read about emergency food storage includes the idea that you buy what you're willing to eat, with the intention of rotating your stocks over time - and I'm not eating that stuff in any situation short of a crisis, that's for sure.  So, we'll probably pass on that one.

Started today with the rest of the strawberries and cream, and a mix of regular and turkey bacon.  I like them both, but they are definitely very different foods.  I brought a cheese snack with me since we didn't have eggs today - and I have no afternoon meetings.  So I'll save it for heading off the urge to eat something from the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment