Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday

Effing hormones - at least, I hope that's what it is.  Ate relatively well yesterday (more details to follow) and hit 145.2 this morning.  My joints ache, so it's water, but it doesn't seem to want to leave.  Took 2 fish oil and a cucurmin (turmeric - why they had to rename it once it hid in a gelcap, I do not know) at breakfast, so I am hopeful that some of it will go away.

For what it's worth, the doc says I'm officially in menopause.  Whether that means I've seen the last of the hot flashes or not, I don't know, so I have two prescriptions for patches to be used if the temperature gets out of control again.  I have not filled them - probably should, just in case.

I am sleeping like the dead right now, and waking up ready for more.  I am guessing that it is my way of paying off the sleep debt incurred between mid-February and Easter (apparently, I gave up bodily temperature control for Lent).  Very glad to be able to sleep like that again, I must say.

Okay, so here is what I ate yesterday:
  • 1.5 scrambled eggs
  • 2 turkey bacon
  • 1.5 links turkey sausage
  • tea with heavy cream
  • a bag of trail mix
  • a bag of Lays original (vending-machine size)
  • an angus beef patty - maybe 1/3 pound?
  • 1 slice cheddar
  • 1/4 cup guacamole
  • a pickle spear
  • 2 tomato slices
  • 1/2? cup cottage cheese
  • 1/12 of an 8" flourless chocolate cake (original recipe involved 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate, 8 eggs, and a stick of butter, I believe, so 1/12 of that)
  • maybe 1 oz aged gouda (I cannot recall if I had this or not)
I put it into my LoseIt calculator to see what it came out to.  I can see some issues:  First, it was 62% fat, 17% carbs, 21% protein, which seems fine.  But the carbs were at 96.4g, which strikes me as higher than I would want to be - well out of the cramp zone.  Second, and this probably doesn't matter much, it was 2195 calories or slightly more - didn't include the cream in the tea, for example.

Okay, I can fix some of that.  Today, for starters, we weren't running out of eggs, so I had 2, with 2 pieces of real bacon.  I solemnly swear that if I hit the vending machine today, it will be for the beef jerky and nothing else, which should back the carbs off a bunch (about 60 of that 96 grams were from the chips and trail mix).

I think it's good to do these exercises occasionally - gives a good picture of what I'm doing, and whether it would be a problem long-term.  Yesterday would be, so I will be making some adjustments going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment