Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday

Sleep or weight loss?  That is the question.  At least, this morning it is.

My right calf launched me out of bed at 12:15 am - so fast that I don't think I was awake until I fell back in bed with the cramp stomped out.  Unfortunately, I was abrupt enough to catch Lee's attention.  He'd been more or less awake since we went to bed, waiting to hear that Elizabeth had reached Albuquerque - she'd promised to text when she got there.  So he asked me if she had - trust me, he would have known, since my phone is set to make noise and was on my bedside table.  I looked to see if somehow I'd missed it, which is how I know it was 12:15.  She hadn't.

So now, I was awake wondering if she would get there okay and imagining the ways she might not.  And wishing that my leg, uncramped though it was, would stop aching and bubbling.  And thinking about whether I was hungry enough to get up and get something.  I didn't.

The text arrived at 1:02, which was about when I'd started falling back asleep.  Figures.  After that, I think I did get to sleep, but it wasn't the quality stuff.  Ugh.

Eating yesterday, after bacon, eggs, and tomatoes, went like this:
  • the innards from a Panera roast beef and cheddar sandwich
  • the potato chips that came with it
  • sadly, 3/4 of the m&m chip cookie that came with it - this was a mistake and made me feel wretched for much of the afternoon
  • a naked "border" burger at C B & Potts - it had jalapenos, bacon, pepperjack cheese, salsa, and guacamole on it - pretty tasty
  • an order of sweet potato fries
  • two chocolate almonds
I was at 145.0 this morning, so the cramp was significant of some weight gone.  But really - I would have preferred the sleep.  Gonna be a long day.  And my ankles and fingers are still swollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment