Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday

I just want to say that it's a damn good thing I don't believe that we fully understand the mechanics of human weight fluctuation.  I had 4 slices of bacon for breakfast, a bag of beef jerky mid-day, 2 or 3 pieces of cheese before dinner, and chips, salsa, guacamole and a 3-stack cheese enchilada for dinner.  At which I nearly licked my plate.  Followed by 4 chocolate almonds and a chocolate blueberry.

And I'm down half a pound this morning - 144.6.  Which is fine, but Mexican food is not low calorie or low carb, so I really can't explain it.  Can't explain the cookie the other day, either.  Maybe my body is in setpoint defense mode this week or something.

Eggs and turkey sausage links (3) for breakfast this morning, so I should be able to go on without the jerky today.  I think we're going to the movies tonight, though, preceded by dinner at the hibachi place.  This time, I'm bringing my own snacks - dark chocolate, coconut flakes, and walnuts, I think.  That should be "snacky" enough to replace popcorn without having the unfortunate side-effects of the latter.  At least, I hope so.  I might throw in a few raisins or chocolate blueberries and call it a sort of trail mix.

Three day weekend coming up, with the kid in town.  We're going to a baseball game tomorrow night.  Not sure what else, and I hear the weather is dicey, so we may play other activities by ear.  But I'm painting on Sunday - I have had some sort of "project" every year during the radio broadcast of the Indy 500, and that's mine this year (more often than not, it's painting some part of the house; this year it's wrapping up the remodel with the final trim painting).  I hope to get out in the sun at least a little bit.  We've reduced the D3 for the summer from 5000 IU to 2000, assuming that we'll get some naturally.  The weather, however, has not been cooperating much.

No comments:

Post a Comment