Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Um, Tuesday?

I know.  Four-day workweek, which will probably drag on at least a millennium or two.  But worth it; we had a fabulous three-day weekend.  I puttered for three solid days, and got to see the kid for a while, to boot.  It was all good.

Well, almost.  Due to some over-puttering, I am sore and stiff and swollen and weigh 146.8 (down a pound from yesterday, which was just a scary number).  Painting is the likely culprit - it uses my right arm, which has something wrong with the shoulder - I don't know what, but it wants massages on a very frequent basis these days - and is trying to convince me that "very frequent" is overdue just now.  My shoulders (both) hurt, my thumbs hurt, my neck hurts occasionally, my hamstrings are all tight - I'm "experiencing discomfort", and it's an experience I did not pay for, thank you very much.

Diet had something to do with the weight gain, I'm sure.  We did a movie on Friday, and I brought along walnuts, dark chocolate, and coconut shreds, and it was wonderful.  Worked like a champ.  Saturday, we had hotdogs and potato chips for lunch - too many of the latter, I'm quite sure.  Baseball game and a naked cheeseburger for dinner - without a fork.  Kinda messy.  Sunday I had breakfast (possibly just bacon and cheese and tomatoes), snacks while working (cheese and cashews and chocolate almonds) and Mexican for dinner, followed by more cashews.  And Monday woke up at 147.8.  A lot of it water, but I'm thinking probably not all of it.  So yesterday, I had breakfast - bacon, eggs, and tomatoes (Lee bought tomatoes at Costco and we're scrambling to get through them - fortunately, they're very tasty) - and cheese until dinner time.  Dinner was flank steak and salad with homemade blue cheese dressing (it had soybean oil from the mayo, though; I didn't make my own mayo this time), followed by 2 chocolate almonds and rather a lot of walnuts.

I need to lay off the nuts for a while, I think.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment