Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday, I think

For reasons I don't fully understand, the blissfully solid sleep of last week has gone away, leaving me with night where I am sort of asleep and sort of not - not awake enough to know I'm awake, but not at all restful.  What the heck - I'll blame grain-based foods.  Could be, certainly.  I don't really know, though.

145.0 this morning; down a bit from yesterday, but only a bit.  We ate out at dinner yesterday - Country Buffet, which is not exactly one of my favorites.  I can find food there, but end up with a really odd assortment every time.  Yesterday it was BBQ summer sausage in a fairly sweet sauce (actually, pretty tasty stuff), green beans, and cooked cabbage for the first course, followed with a sort of taco salad thing ("meat" - I have my suspicions, chile con queso, lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream, and cheese) and a piece of salisbury steak (also a bit suspiciously un-meat-like).  And some fudge.  Came home and had a bowl of strawberries with heavy cream (very heavy, I might add; it pours slower than partly-melted ice cream).  A couple of cheese snacks to flesh out the day, and eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast.  So it was a "could be worse" day for eating.

I did have another leg cramp last night.  It woke me up enough to realize that I really didn't want to get out of bed to deal with it, but waiting didn't help much.  I ended up having to stomp it out in the end.  And then went right back to sleep, I think.  But as I said above, it was "sleep", not sufficiently restorative.  Kind of annoying, really.

I think we'll eat at home tonight.  Even if it's another taco salad, since I have nothing whatsoever defrosted or defrosting just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment