Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday

So I hear on the radio this morning that Southwest has issued an apology to a couple of obese passengers for enforcing their policy a bit too publicly.  The airline has a policy that says that if a passenger is wider than the space between the armrests, he or she has to buy a second seat.

Yeah, Southwest!  Not for the apology; I suppose it was a bit heavy-handed to ask people at the gate what they weighed, or what clothing size they wore, so whatever about that.  For the policy, yeah! 

I think I posted a while back about getting specially selected by an obese passenger as his seatmate because I - and the girl in the window seat, who probably suffered the most - was "the skinniest on the plane".  Nothing like a 2-hour flight on one butt cheek (obviously, it could have been worse - say, a flight to China or India or Oz or something, at 30+ hours).  He should have been subjected to their policy (it was a  Southwest flight; I love them).  And what I did hear on the radio is that they are sticking to their guns on the policy. Phew!  When I first heard the story, I was so afraid they'd have to be PC about it from now on, that I was literally screaming at the radio (another night of semi-crap sleep, and I'm in kind of a bad mood).  But it's all good.

143.8 this morning, after a night of semi-crap sleep, as noted.  I think I know the cause; I strained my lower back cutting out shirt pieces the other day.  I can actually feel back pain today; before this, it was just uncomfortable to sit or lay in any of the common positions (and a few that aren't so common).  Now that it's being more obvious about what the problem is, I can do some stretches and get it to stop.

Strawberries and cream and turkey sausage for breakfast yesterday, a bag of beef jerky mid-day, and taco salad for dinner, surrounded by 2 pieces of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, three handsful of walnuts, and two chocolate almonds.  One mild leg cramp just as I was drifting off to sleep last night - made me kick, but not severe enough to get me out of bed.  Some fasciculation in the calves this morning.  I took an extra potassium to make it go away.

So, life goes on, I continue to be in control of my weight, and will get my sleep quality reclaimed shortly.  All good stuff, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment