Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday

Blew it badly yesterday - I did end up going out at lunchtime to buy small slivers of cheese and got 3 of them, which I ate: Whiskey Cheddar (kind of an odd flavor), Emmenthaler (flavor better than Whiskey Cheddar, but at that point, influenced by it), and that layercake mixture of Cheddar and Stilton, which tasted mostly of the Stilton mold.  Total quantity was probably pushing half a pound, which was more than I needed.  But nothing from the machines yesterday.
Dinner was bratwurst and peas in melted butter, with wine; dessert was a lot of things, and that's where it fell apart on me.  5 chocolate-covered blueberries, 2 chocolate almonds, a square of chocolate by itself.  The end of a bag of tortilla chips (probably 1 serving's worth, all in shards of less than 1" square) with salsa.  Some quantity of walnuts.

Boredom eating.  And I shouldn't be bored - I have things I could be doing.  Instead, I read foreign newspapers on the iPad and played solitaire while watching NCIS re-runs on the USA network.  So I'm going to stop with that for a while.  Start knocking off my "to do" list in the evenings.

I did actually go shopping and got some replacement summer clothes - a new skirt, and some utility multi-colored v-neck t-shirts from the Eddie Bauer outlet.  And with the latter, I realized something - size M is in scarce supply in an outlet store - much scarcer than L or XL, it seems.  Not that I intend to go back to those sizes.

Although, if I can't get the boredom noshing under control, with the post-menopausal weight issue looming (estrogen influences insulin sensitivity, I think it is, so the lack of it hinders processes that would keep one thin), things could get bad.  145.2 again this morning, bother it.

Meat and leaves, baby.  Back to the original pattern.

And I have cheese snacks with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment