Monday, May 16, 2011

Well, that was stupid

Saturday night we ate at our very favorite Mexican restaurant (La Loma) so that Lee could get some green chile applied to his allergies (interestingly enough, he has not had a lot of relief from them even though eating Paleo, which makes me wonder if he has dairy issues.  Not that he'd stop drinking milk for any reason).  I had cheese enchiladas, chips and salsa, and a lot of hot green chile, which absolutely has flour in it.  Bad enough to start with, but then we went to the movies.

And I had a medium popcorn.

I didn't eat all of it - fortunately, as it turns out - but I ate enough.  Gained 2 pounds overnight from our little binge.  Found myself staring at 146.0 yesterday morning.  I stuck with fairly Paleo eating all day yesterday, but it wasn't done toying with me, and I was at 146.2 this morning. 

Popcorn is a treat.  Can't be indulged in regularly.  And certainly not on top of a corn-heavy Mexican dinner.  Like I didn't already know that.

I'm still fighting boredom eating, not too successfully.  What I really need is something to do, so as not to get bored.  The weather was miserable all weekend, so gardening was out.  I did go out and get some fabric yesterday, and have 2 shirts and a dress queued up to make.  That should help.  And if all else fails, I can crochet - I have an afghan about two-thirds finished that I should buckle down and complete this summer.

As for our eating - I have cheese with me today.  I will bring cheese all week.  We will have burger patties and sauteed mushrooms and a salad for dinner tonight, and stick with a meat-and-leaves pattern for a while, until things calm down a bit.  And they will.  Maybe that will help Lee, too; he seems to be stalled again.

No comments:

Post a Comment