Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday

Lee's gone - so the usual process applies - I sleep in a little, have to feed the animals and get ready for work, and the result is the opportunity to fast.  And maybe I will - it is Ash Wednesday, after all.  I have a couple of pieces of cheese with me - the pre-wrapped cheese snacks - so I don't know if it will happen or not.  Also, I'm a bit hungry right now, which is unusual for me, so I will probably have a cheese breakfast shortly and not eat lunch.

Had the acupuncture for hot flashes yesterday, and I can't tell if it's likely to work or not.  I had a couple of "thermal episodes" just as I was falling asleep, along with a bout of leg cramps, oh joy, but they were short and less intense - at least, I didn't have to throw the covers off to recuperate.  And then I slept until around 3:50, I think, so all things considered, it should have been as good a night's sleep as Sunday was.  But it didn't feel as good.  We shall see - I have a fairly vile herbal concoction to drink each night at bedtime that is supposed to help as well - if we can get the hot flashes to stop with that, I can switch to some sort of pill-form thing.  So I have a goal.  Going back in next Tuesday to see how things are going.

I did get breakfast yesterday, and supplemented with trail mix in the afternoon (forgot to bring any cheese with me).  A burger patty with melted cheese and tomatoes on it for dinner - heating the tomatoes under the cheese for the second half of cooking is really very tasty!  After that, the usual - cheese, chocolate, nuts.  141.6 this morning.  I will probably have bratwurst for dinner, just to keep from wasting it.

During my acupuncture appointment last night, we went over a long list of possible symptoms, apparently associated with menopause.  Palpitations, anxiety, and digestive issues were the ones I recall - and I have none of them.  Apart from not sleeping very well because of being too hot at times, I feel pretty wonderful.  Thank you, (lacto) Paleo!

No comments:

Post a Comment