Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday

We had meatballs with spaghetti sauce for dinner last night - I'd made them some time ago and froze them, which was very convenient.  Ran a few errands after dinner and came back and collapsed, pretty much.  Definitely a sign that we need to do some work to get in shape - the weekend should not have clobbered us this hard.

So I did try doing a deadlift with my 8-lb hand weights.  I guess I did it right - hard to tell - and my knees don't seem to want to cooperate; they wouldn't bend as much as is shown in the pictures, so I am a little worried about the mechanics. 

Breakfast this morning was sliced strawberries with cream, real bacon, and eggs.  I do think I'm going to try adding bits of starch (obviously, the strawberries weren't that) to get a bit more basic glucose circulating each day - not a lot, but enough to sustain my present weight without gain or loss.  We'll see how that goes.

I'd mentioned my perennial fruit and veg plants a few posts ago - got a chance to check, and everything seems to have survived (well, the asparagus isn't making an obvious show of it), so we should get some good stuff this summer. 

Steaks for dinner tonight - probably with a salad of some sort.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment