Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I'm wearing no green myself, not being at all Irish.  But I got some quality sleep last night - good enough for some more - and am feeling quite a bit better.  Perhaps the new, nasty-flavored herbs are working. 

It seems to me that corned beef and cabbage would be very Paleo, although I don't have any plans to eat it today.  Got breakfast, since Lee's back, and we had a nice filet and salad for dinner last night - and I threw some French sea-salted butter on my steak, making a decent sauce as it melted and combined with the juices on the plate.  Followed that up with walnuts and probably some chocolate almonds.

But I did eat a bunch of garbage mid-afternoon yesterday - potato chips and two bags of trail mix, including sugar, seed oils, and legumes.  I was bored.  Boredom makes me want to eat.  I'd finished the cheese snacks off around noon, so I guess I got a 15-ish hour fast from the pieces of cheese I'd eaten the night before to take the taste of the herbs away.  All that said, I was at 142.4 this morning, so my garbage-nosh didn't damage my weight at any rate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment