Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday

I tried out a couple of suggestions on sleep improvement last night, and while they did not overcome the night sweats completely, I do think the quality was better and I feel much more rested this morning.  Downloading f.lux, while useful in the long term, really didn't do much for my sleep, since I didn't use my laptop much last night.  However, I closed blinds in the bedroom and closet, and covered my very blue clock radio display with a washcloth, and that did increase the darkness (it did not eradicate it; I have a large bay window that is only about 2/3 covered - to provide morning light to wake up by - and I'm not going to cover it for that reason) and seemed to reduce the time required to get back to sleep after waking.  So I'll try it again tonight and see if it continues to improve.










Saw this in line at the grocery store last night - unbelievable.  Cookies and Diabetes do not mix, people!  And not on one publication, but two - it's like a conspiracy to reduce the surplus population or something.  Sheesh!


I'm inexplicably at 145.2 this morning - assuming it is delayed reaction to the weekend or something.  My eating yesterday went like this:
  • 4 slices of real bacon
  • 2 3/4 oz cheese snacks
  • a honking-big chef's salad with turkey, cheddar, swiss, and blue cheese dressing
  • 2 chocolate almonds
  • miscellaneous tea with and without cream

Shouldn't have added anything, I think, anyway.  So it will probably be gone tomorrow unless I go on some sort of binge on donuts and toast or something.  Which is very unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment