Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday

Wow - for a week-after-a-vacation, this has actually been pretty fast!  I'll certainly take it, anyway.  Sleep was marginal last night - only a couple of wake-ups to adjust the temperature of my immediate environment, so it should have been good, but I woke up drained.  I have pains in my right shoulder and have had in some form since we got back, and I think that's actually what I'm dealing with.  I think a visit to the massage therapist is in my near future.

I did some severe boredom eating yesterday, mid-day, and could foresee more today, which I will have to guard against.  Yesterday, I had potato chips and trail mix - let's see, that's starch (probably not bad), seed oils (bad), legumes (bad), tree nuts (neutral-bad), raisins (fructose bombs - bad), and m&ms (chocolate - good, sugar - bad, HFCS - awful).  Probably a bolus of 50+ grams of carbohydrate on an empty stomach.  It tasted really good, and occupied maybe 30 minutes eating it, which is probably what I needed it for.  And so far, it hasn't messed with my weight (not that I want to keep testing that reaction!).  142.4 this morning, which I'm guessing probably indicates that I'm done with losing water from the trip, as my ankles and feet are fairly normal this morning.

Lee cooked the grass-fed NY Strip steaks to perfection last night - maybe 5 minutes a side.  They were tender and juicy, and I melted butter on them, just because we could.  We also had salads and some pre-fab potatoes au gratin (Christmas food, I think).  Up for the weekend?  I want to try shredding a sweet potato and making hash browns with it in bacon grease, as a side-dish with something grilled.  That just sounds really good.  And then, maybe something in the crock pot, though I don't know what yet.  And starting on the garden cleanup and prep - St. Patrick's day is the traditional cold-weather planting day around here, and it's coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment