Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday

Sleep last night was Benadryl-enhanced, and brought up short by the bells of my phone alarm at 4 am. I'm working early, in order to leave early, and a 4 am start to the workday means it ends at noon. Why did I not think of this before? Many good reasons, actually, this is a fairly brutal hour to be awake against my will. But if that means we make Dallas this evening, as it should, it's worth it.

I don't know how much I weigh today - and I won't, because I've already had 2 cups of tea. My practice is to weigh myself first thing in the morning, empty. A cup of tea in my house is probably a pound of liquid - "probably" being the operative term; I wouldn't know how much to subtract. Oh, well. Mid 150's, I'd bet. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • macadamia nuts
  • smoked turkey with mustard BBQ sauce
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • an after-dinner mint
  • 1 tsp honey
No snacking last night, because we got home from dinner and started packing, and only stopped to go to bed 2 hours later. All that while monitoring a deployment for work - by my count, the 6th this week, with a 7th set for this morning. I cannot think of a nastier week at this job; it's just been chaos. I hope they're past it - I say "they" because next week, I intend to forget I'm employed. Only thing I can think to do to try a mild stress recovery. And I need to find something intellectually challenging to read - that I want to read - to stave off any sort of vacation cold. Seems to me I'm set up for one of those, what with the elevated stress levels going into this one and my intent to stop them cold turkey, and I don't want it. Mental challenges are supposed to help.

Probably won't be adding to this while I'm gone. I will try to behave reasonably well, but it's New Orleans, and that means eating and drinking and staying up late.

No comments:

Post a Comment