Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday

Interesting. Yesterday was a complete loss. Due to a combination of factors (alcohol with dinner, fireworks, nervous and spoiled dogs, and menopausal insomnia), I woke for the day shortly after midnight. Spent the following 5 hours tossing and turning carefully to avoid falling off the bed because the nervous spoiled dog was occupying my normal foot room, and finally got up for good around 5:30. Consequently, there was no January weather option that could have enticed me out to do the planned 5K; I spent the day on the couch with my feet up, reading with the TV on (that is, not really getting much read). I did actually fall asleep for about 10 minutes mid-afternoon, but that was it until bedtime. Last night, I slept with a Benadryl, didn't so much as move until after 5 am. I feel better, but wish it didn't have to be that way.

Anyway, I weigh 155.4 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tomato slices
  • 1-2 pieces of cheese (I think)
  • a bunch of roasted salted peanuts (not measured)
  • 4 mint dark chocolates
  • 1 regular chocolate (Christmas)
  • pork roast
  • roast potatoes
  • gravy
  • fruit salad
  • black-eyed peas
I think that was it. I guess I'd call it balanced. I had made crock-pot Jambalaya for dinner before we got invited to eat with my parents. Otherwise, dinner would have involved chicken and shrimp and a bit of rice. We're having that tomorrow.

Nearly done with the Christmas candy, I'm happy to say. We still have a stash of Trader Joe's dark chocolate what-nots, but I'm going to try to put them somewhere out of sight and see if that leads to "out of mind". I really need to get my head back into the "sugar is poison" mindset - so that's my reaction to it viscerally, instead of "yum!"

Working from home today - will try to stick to cheese as snacks, and a movie tonight, we think. Probably dinner out. I want to avoid flour and stuff, though, so my going-in plan will be for a big-ass salad with meat. Sounds like the weather might be warmer this weekend, and Lee's mostly over his flu, so we're talking resuming gym visits. I'm sure it will be crowded and chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment