Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday

"Now is the winter of our discontent..." Discontent? Try raging hatred, and that's too weak. Not that yesterday was bad by comparison to anything earlier in the week, but it's cold out, there's crunchy ice on the ground all over the place, and snow, and doing nearly anything takes effort that isn't needed if it would just not snow around here. 

I'm happy to say that my aches and pains are pretty much gone this morning - thank you, fish oil! And I got a good night's sleep last night, with only (?) melatonin, magnesium, honey, fish oil, and aspirin. So is that better or worse than a single Benadryl? I hope better.

155.8 again this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • the usual supplements
  • cheddar cheese
  • hot and sour soup
  • cashew chicken (no rice)
  • a fortune cookie
  • 2 squares Lindt 85%
  • 1 tsp honey
Chinese always stalls me - I don't know if it's the salt in the soy sauce, the MSG, or if it's just evil. And I'm not really trying to lose weight right now, though I would still (!) like to get down closer to 150 or below it. The Primal Blueprint challenge does seem to have me back in ketosis and in control, mostly - much improved over what I was doing in the run up to Christmas, so I'm grateful for that. 

Didn't get any exercise in yesterday. I may try bodyweight stuff today, since things are mostly back to normal (except my left ankle - still a little "off"). Movie tonight, at which I will eschew popcorn. I need to make sure I smuggle in some Frollicks this time - a couple of packages of those should be a reasonable substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment