Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday

It figures. You decide to do the Primal Blueprint Challenge, trying to increase emphasis in your life on balance, play, getting regular walks in, stuff like that. You start the week out, all excited,... and,... the week goes to complete shit at work. I'm in the process of working on my second emergency release of the week today, after 2 days getting home well after dark, and a day of nothing but following up on a production issue that would have been much smaller if anyone had listened to me at all. You bet I'm angry. Stressed, and all sorts of things. I cannot recall a worse week at this job - and it's been a more stressful job than some of the previous ones I've had.

I'm doing my best to stick with things. Got home last night - late, due to traffic - went to the gym, got in the rest of my 60-minutes' walk. Fought to sleep all night (lost - woke at 3:30 for an hour or so). Am still eating well, thankfully. 155.8 again this morning, and that's with 3 miles' walking under my belt. I don't know if I'll get my bodyweight exercises done today or not - work is crazy and we have a work party (oh, joy.) tonight. 

On the better hand, I have a massage tomorrow, 90-minutes, too. Looking forward to that a lot. A movie on Sunday. And Monday's a holiday, so I won't be going to work (heaven knows if I'll be working - at the rate this week went, probably). The weather is supposed to be fairly decent, so maybe we can get some walking done outside.

Eating yesterday was good:
  • eggs and bacon
  • tea with cream
  • supplements
  • macadamias
  • burger patty and salad with blue cheese
  • 2 squares Lindt 85% chocolate
  • some cheese
I think that was it. Things are still not good today (stress-wise) and are not showing signs of improvement, either. However, I've been quite disciplined as to eating today, mostly because I haven't been at all bored, I guess. So that's something. Still, a totally stressful day where I didn't have time to eat badly seems like not an improvement over a boring day where I ate sub-par. 

Okay. Weekend's coming. We will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment