Wednesday, January 14, 2015


I do realize that wishing time would go faster is a surefire way to make it drag, and Monday being a holiday, compounded with us leaving for New Orleans in a bit over 2 weeks, is definitely making me wish time would go faster, but seriously, it's only Wednesday? Are we sure?

Yesterday was hellish. Bad drive to work, annoying stuff at work, late meetings at work because a production system was misbehaving and NOBODY listened when I said so in the morning, so we couldn't fix it early, and the hour-and-a-half drive home in pitch darkness with snow and freezing drizzle. And traffic. I got home 11-1/2 hours after I left for the day. This is wrong. Which I know, and our plans to change are starting to firm up and take on a seriously practical and realistic form. I think, if we can execute, we will be living somewhere else before the end of this year. Somewhere warmer, where snow is a rare and interesting event.

But this isn't about that. This is about paleo/primal eating and living, and how I'm succeeding (or not) at those endeavors. And I guess yesterday was a success in the end. Sucky day, but I got a session of "lift heavy things" in (not what was scheduled for yesterday; I'll do that thing tonight), and kept from eating crazy. 155.4 (I think, might have been .6) this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • pork sausage with maple syrup (I hope, not some nasty flavoring crap)
  • the usual supplements
  • macadamia nuts
  • chicken tortilla soup with rice and cheese
  • swiss cheese
  • 2 squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate
  • 1 tsp honey
I believe that was it. Not too bad. I hope I can figure out which recipe I used for that soup when I made it a few months back (it was frozen), because it turned out beyond delicious.

As mentioned, I did a full session of bodyweight exercises (barring the pullups; I don't have a practical way to do those), which amounted to 2 sets done to failure with a short break between. I was sane enough at bedtime to take some fish oil and aspirin, so my sleep, while a bit sketchy, wasn't sketchy because of pain (just random interludes of sweating). Sleep was interrupted around midnight-1 am, and again at 3:30ish. The first time, I was able to get back to sleep quickly; the second took a little time, but I was ultimately successful. I opted for honey and magnesium but not melatonin, because I was starting to think that the time-release nature of the melatonin I have was actually causing the split sleep issues. Maybe not, but I think this weekend, I'll get a jar of 3mg plain melatonin and switch to that. And tonight is Benadryl night.

The sun is out today, so I have no excuse, and will be going out around lunchtime to sit in it for 15 minutes. I managed about 2 minutes yesterday of watery lighter fog - we really didn't have any sun. It's also supposed to be getting less cold over the next 4-5 days. That will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment