Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday

I can say confidently that if I was full of it yesterday, I am no longer full of it. Think we'll leave it at that.

I managed all of the checklist items for the Primal Blueprint challenge (no, one of them was not "embed this graphic on your website", fortunately), except 15 minutes of sunlight. Because we didn't have any. Won't today either. My dislike of this place in winter is growing daily greater. Even though I know it's sunny 300 days a year and all that. Anyway, I ate well, read a book in the evening, walked for 17 minutes. Today they want a "weighted" walk - walk carrying something fairly heavy. I haven't figured out how I might do that. We are supposedly going to Costco - maybe I can grab the proposed hamburger purchase and lug it around the store a couple of times - a bit weird and contrived, but I guess it would work. For what it's worth, I managed my FuelBand goal last night - I reset it to 2000 points from 2500, because I'd been consistently scoring 2100ish points per day. So that's about when Lee got sick, and I may have made it to goal once or twice since then. Bad times.

156.0 this morning - see statement above. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • grilled chicken caesar salad, no croutons
  • steak
  • sauteed mushrooms
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • macadamia nuts
  • 1 tsp honey
That was it. A short list. Short lists are good.

Sleep last night was sketchy. I got to sleep fine, then woke up at 10:56, sometime shortly after 12, and a couple more times that I didn't check the time. Lots of hot flashes overnight, no idea why. I made it back to sleep each time, so I claimed the "8 hours' sleep" checklist item on the challenge, but it definitely wasn't good sleep. I do believe that I dreamed, though - that's at least something - and I don't feel utterly knackered this morning. Tonight is another honey/magnesium/melatonin night, and then tomorrow, I'll take a Benadryl. I have to wonder what earthly purpose this torment serves - I cannot think of a single evolutionary reason to have older women prowling around at 3 am, wakeful. Maybe we're all supposed to be dead by now. Whatever the reason, it really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment